ON BOARDING is the one and only – yes I put it boldly here – relevant process after one is hired. When done the way I think you should do it, you have included also goal setting and the base of performance management and as such started off in a communicative way ….
- pre hire information (website)
- first day reception and information set
- first 6 months networking guidance – meeting key players and mix with departments by having luncheons etc
- jobdescription translated in first set of goals for the performance management process – discuss expectations
- probation period evaluation – almost never done, missing out on a fresh view!
- 100 dagen of 3 maanden of 6 maanden…..neem een periode waarin je gedoseerd de bedrijfscultuur laat doordringen
A lot can be found online. If you dont want to engage me :), see for example: https://welcome.mit.edu.
I can make reference to assignments at PwC, NIBC, RELX where I worked with / designed this process.